Tuesday, September 1, 2009

I break into a lyrical freestyle
Grab the mic, look into the crowd and see smiles
Cause they see a woman standing up on her own two
Sloppy slouching is something I won’t do
Some think that we cant flow 
Stereotypes, they got to go 
Imma mess around and flip the scene into reverse 
(with what?) with a little touch of ladies first


Do you remember these lines? It was probably the first time you heard Queen Latifah. Who knew that that nineteen year old girl would become one of the leading voices of female rap? It doesn’t matter if you are a fan of old school or new school rap, cuz you can’t deny her greatness anyway. She is one of those sisters who rep us to the fullest with all the possible grace and wisdom. What should you expect from this album? Nothing but inspiration! The lyrical content is incredible! The very first track titled “The light” is a true anthem for underdogs. I truly believe that if you haven’t tasted defeat, you can’t appreciate the taste of victory. So no matter how many times they tell you that you won’t make it, you gotsta know that you can make it to the light. Take a look at hip-hop history! All the hip-hop pioneers were crazy-ass kids with a beautiful dream. And no matter how many times critics predicted the death of this culture, it’s still alive. “Over the mountains”, through the rivers, and the valleys… you can survive, but you need to believe in yourself and to realize the lesson number one: “The World” ain’t fair. We all must understand that we all are just “People” and that is why we ain’t perfect. No matter how faithful and cool we think we are, we still hurt each others feelings sometimes. So give everything you have to your people and move on expecting nothing in return. And who knows?… Maybe they’ll surprise you one day. Another deep joint is “Long-ass week”. Haven’t you ever noticed how life passes you by while you be chasing a dollar? Good, cuz once you realize all these things and find peace within yourself, you are ready to celebrate the gift of life. That’s when you are ready to drive that “Fast car”. But how can a woman live without love? Whether it’s good or bad, love always motivates us. You can run, but you can't hide. So enjoy every lovely moment with your special somebody, and learn from every mistake. 
The majority of tracks were produced by Cool & Dre. One thing I love about them is that they always avoid clichés. On the one hand their sound is mainstream, but on the other hand, every time they sound in a different way. This is what makes them so unique. Even when they use auto-tune it doesn’t heart your ears.

We all know that Queen is a multitalented girl. That's why  this is not only a rap album. This is  the sound of a grown woman that ain't afraid to be herself.
So if you are sick and tired of all the “soundtracks to the commercials” (all that bragging with brand names), then this album is exactly what you need.

"Persona" in stores now

I used 2 ♥ him

Common used to love H.E.R. & I used to love H.I.M. (Hip-hop Is My Muse) ... but true love never dies ... this is my L.O.V.E. S.T.O.R.Y.

Music

About Me

They call me Janus cuz I’m a little bit of every opposition. I’m quiet & loud, happy & sad, cocky and shy, rough & ladylike… but most of all I’m hip-hop. I started this blog to share my thoughts and ideas with the world, so feel free to leave your comments and to holla at me. Welcome to my world! Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/ms__lady