Tuesday, September 8, 2009
Do you remember the days when artists could talk to you through their music and every song was a real talk? Well, those days are brought back by Novel and his latest music video “F@ck with my mind”. Today, when a lot of R&B artists are trynna be R.Kelly’s wannabes and most of hip-hop artists brag about material things, Alonzo “Novel” Stevenson follows his family traditions and delivers nothing but realness. If you are familiar with his mixtapes (Chapter One [2008], 808's And Mixtapes [2009], and Suspended Animation [2009]), you know what I'm talking about. As an artist he came to the game in 2001 w/song called “Peach”, and I must say that today's Novel definitely stepped up his game to the level of being a true gentleman and a deep thinker. The song “F@ck with my mind” is a love ballad of a man who is grown enough to make mature decisions. If you ever been in love with a wrong person, you know how important and hard it is to let go someone who doesn’t belong to you. And this song proves that both men and women go through it. No one can avoid a trip to the heartbreaking hotel. The video (directed by Rik Cordero) is as soulful, humble and touching as Novel himself. 

Novel has collaborated with well-known hip-hop artists such as Lauryn Hill and Talib Kweli and worked with other musicians including Alicia Keys, Joss Stone, India Arie and Lionel Richie; he has already established himself as a gifted rapper, singer, songwriter and producer. For more Novel visit his myspace page, official website  and of course follow him on twitter to discover another side of this artist – amazing personality.



P.S. Angela Yee did a great job.

I used 2 ♥ him

Common used to love H.E.R. & I used to love H.I.M. (Hip-hop Is My Muse) ... but true love never dies ... this is my L.O.V.E. S.T.O.R.Y.

Music

About Me

They call me Janus cuz I’m a little bit of every opposition. I’m quiet & loud, happy & sad, cocky and shy, rough & ladylike… but most of all I’m hip-hop. I started this blog to share my thoughts and ideas with the world, so feel free to leave your comments and to holla at me. Welcome to my world! Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/ms__lady