Saturday, August 29, 2009
On the road to riches and diamond rings 
Real b*tches do real things
Hanging with the ni**as is the song I sing
Real b*tches do real things

   Have you ever noticed that word “b*tch” is probably one of the most used words in hip-hop culture. A lot of outsiders claim that the culture is highly disrespectful towards women. But I believe that just like any other culture hip-hop only reflects our society. Any culture is just a photo camera; it takes pictures of reality... How can you blame the camera? How can you blame the cameraman? MCs are cameramen...they take pictures. So why do they expect to take a picture of  a beautiful scenery in the in the middle of "the slams"? 

   I must admit that a few years ago I used this word myself. When you hear the same offensive word or phrase all the time, it becomes less and less offensive to you. On top of that some women think that this word represents some kind of "female empowerment". But what do people mean using this word? Have you ever thought about it? When a woman says “I'm a b*tch”, she means “I'm strong enough to be a one-chick army, and I don’t need anybody to hold me down. I don’t even know how to count on someone else”(Note: this anybody/someone else is a man). But is it really so? I beg to differ! If our society could read between the lines, it would hear “I need your help ...I need your love...I'm so tired of all the drama in my life...I need peace...I need the father in YOU my brother...”. It's just a cover of a grown woman on a little girl that was hurt long time ago and she is running from all the pain that life and love can bring. She uses this cover cuz she lost her trust in men; she tries to be a man and a woman at the same time. She wants to be strong enough to survive...to protect herself. It reminds me of the final rap-battle from the "8 Mile" movie...when Eminem "dissed" himself to win the battle. He said what his rival would've, so he left his rival speechless and won the battle. The same strategy takes place here:"The best defense is a good offense". A girl thinks,"Okay, so Imma call myself a b*tch, Imma act like a b*tch, Imma put on that "bulletproof vest" and everything gonna be aight..." But what's really dangerous about this situation...is that if in the beginning she acts LIKE a b*tch, later she eventually acts AS a b*tch. She loses herself in this game called "defense". Yes, she wins the battle but she loses the war...she loses herself. I believe that female power consists in "forgive, let go & move on". Female empowerment has nothing to do w/ this word. Female empowerment is about rising above the prejudices, discrimination, offense, and other "crap" like that. In the words of Margaret Thatcher,“Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't”. 

     The same goes for guys who use this word...all they show is that they lost their faith in women aaand themselves. That's right!!! I said, "Themselves". If he deals w/ a woman whom he considers to be a "b*tch", "p***y" or "h*e" he shows (implicitly) that he thinks that he is worthy of this kind of woman. If he respected himself and thought that he deserved someone better, he would be w/ a good woman, and not w/ a ... 

    So I’m finally strong enough to admit that I’m a woman and not a b*tch. Word to the haters: "Take me as I am or have nothing at all!"


I used 2 ♥ him

Common used to love H.E.R. & I used to love H.I.M. (Hip-hop Is My Muse) ... but true love never dies ... this is my L.O.V.E. S.T.O.R.Y.

Music

About Me

They call me Janus cuz I’m a little bit of every opposition. I’m quiet & loud, happy & sad, cocky and shy, rough & ladylike… but most of all I’m hip-hop. I started this blog to share my thoughts and ideas with the world, so feel free to leave your comments and to holla at me. Welcome to my world! Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/ms__lady