Friday, August 7, 2009
Do u remember your first love? I sure do remember mine. I remember that day so clearly. I turned on TV… and there he was…“I'll be missing u” by Puff Daddy. It was the first time I'd met hip-hop… in 2000. That 12 years old girl couldn't even imagine how that infatuation would change her whole life. He was just a beautiful stranger. At that moment not a lot of people knew him here... A year later we were so exclusive. It was just us against the world, me and hip-hop. He was so fresh, new, uncompromising and rebellious, touching. He was talking to me as if he had always known me… intellectual thug… I didn’t even have to talk. I just listened to him saying what was on my mind. Eventually, rap stole my heart forever. Metaphors. Slick-ass tongue. Street slang. Hot accent. Cockiness. Deep lyrics. Streetwise. Smart ass. An angel with a scared heart. He knew everything about my world. We'd been through the same ghetto rain, but it didn’t break him. It didn’t kill him, so it made him only stronger. He had all the answers to my questions. At that stage of development, hip-hop had those real old school messages and a brand new sound. He was such a perfect criminal minded gentleman with such a promising future. He fought unjust system and promised a "new society of realness". He was a menace to society, cuz he spitted nothing but reality. But all of a sudden everything changed. Hip-hop started turning into "pop". “Rhyme” became more important than meaning. Nowadays it's all about going platinum, being rich and beautiful. We don’t feel each other anymore. Did we finally grow apart? Hell, no. It's just karma. And this girl is a certified bitch. What goes around comes around, what goes up must go down… y'all know the song. So I'm gonna stick around and wait 'till he comes back to his roots… our roots. Look around...There is a new generation of hip-hop nation. We wait for the right moment getting deeper, more mature and more hip-hop. This is where I be. I'm waiting for the day when music comes back to 2Pac’s famous message I'm not sayin' I'm gonna change the world, but I guarantee I will spark the brain that will change the world. Welcome to “I used to luv him”! 

I used 2 ♥ him

Common used to love H.E.R. & I used to love H.I.M. (Hip-hop Is My Muse) ... but true love never dies ... this is my L.O.V.E. S.T.O.R.Y.

Music

About Me

They call me Janus cuz I’m a little bit of every opposition. I’m quiet & loud, happy & sad, cocky and shy, rough & ladylike… but most of all I’m hip-hop. I started this blog to share my thoughts and ideas with the world, so feel free to leave your comments and to holla at me. Welcome to my world! Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/ms__lady