Monday, August 10, 2009
On June 5th we officially heard Jay-Z’s D.O.A. This track definitely has what it takes to be a classic one. It sounds like good ‘ol Don’t believe the hype by P.E., cuz auto-tune is the new hype. All of a sudden some industry people decided that if they use this plug-in, they can sell anything. Really?! Ok, I admit that T-Pain, Kanye, Ron Browz and maybe few more people know how to create something dope with the help of auto-tune (sometimes lol). But what happened to diversity? Why should every song sound the same? Diversity has always been nourishment for hip-hop. Producers amused us with a lot of unbelievable creations. And now rappers sing about crap… Music is viewed as a product; industry forgets that it is an art first of all. And art is supposed to express the world. So why are people so mad at Mr. Carter? Cuz he takes us to the roots? Cuz he ain't afraid to have an opinion? Cuz he can say anything he wants to? Does it make him old fashioned? Nah. It makes him mature. I’m only 21, but I’m so tired of this so called glamour: money, cars, clothes, girls, bragging, party and bullshit. D.O.A. is exactly what this industry needs so bad. Underground/old school sound from the one and only No I.D. plus a witty massage from Hova means a real track. And it’s not a hit, it’s a classic joint. If I’m wrong, then why do people still discuss it? 

I used 2 ♥ him

Common used to love H.E.R. & I used to love H.I.M. (Hip-hop Is My Muse) ... but true love never dies ... this is my L.O.V.E. S.T.O.R.Y.

Music

About Me

They call me Janus cuz I’m a little bit of every opposition. I’m quiet & loud, happy & sad, cocky and shy, rough & ladylike… but most of all I’m hip-hop. I started this blog to share my thoughts and ideas with the world, so feel free to leave your comments and to holla at me. Welcome to my world! Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/ms__lady