Thursday, December 17, 2009
          What's the most essential feature of the rap game? What makes emcees step up their game everyday? What motivates them to be better? I believe that it's competition. Hip-hop culture is one of the most competitive cultures in the world. Emcees manage to compete not only w/ other emcees, but also w/ themselves. And this "inner" competition is exactly what defines a legendary emcee. This lyricist grows as a person & as an artist day by day on the way to the perfection. But since only sky is the limit, every new step an artist takes is only another prelude to perfection...

“Prelude to perfection” is a mixtape by an 80's baby, young talented emcee/producer/entrepreneur from DetroitYoung Scolla. One of those things that single out the hip-hop generation born in 80's is that these “kids” are either “lost” or “found”. The 80's babies, who keep on listening to what the industry wants them to listen to, are definitely “lost” cuz they've been brainwashed, they have no idea of what real music is. The “found” generation escaped to the world of old school hip-hop, they know their roots, they carry on tradition & they are hip-hop enough to make a difference. Without a doubt, Young Scolla belongs to the “found” generation. He knows how to combine a hot sound w/ a deep lyrical content. When asked about his outlook on the rap game in general he had this to say: "There's been a lot of controversy over the Hip-Hop is Dead campaign. I say Hip-Hop is in a coma. Not to knock any music that's coming out but there is an over saturation. No depth in the music anymore. People aren't saying much. Until there is a balance, rap is going into a pit fall..." They call him “Scolla” cuz he aims for excellence with everything he aspires to do and reach for. This mixtape introduces to the world his inner growth. Scolla talks about hip-hop, success, love, relationships & other things we all go through everyday. 

There are all kinds of songs on the mixtape, but the brightest one is “Maybach Music 2” (Remix). He took Rick Ross’ track and showed what a real lyricist could've done w/ J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League's dope beat. I’m sure y'all remember the original track…hot beat, catchy chorus, and a bunch of bragging…typical “ringtone rap” song. But real rap/hip-hop track has nothing to do w/ that, so Scolla shows how hot 16’s…a hot verse…can turn a "fake" song into a real masterpiece. 

<a href="http://youngscolla.bandcamp.com/track/maybach-music-rmx-ft-s-class">Maybach Music (Rmx) Ft. S Class by Young Scolla</a>

I must say that I checked a few “old” tracks by Young Scolla and I was really impressed, cuz he definitely stepped up his game in terms of content and flow. So if this mixtape is only a “Prelude to perfection”, then what's perfection? 

For more Young Scolla check his twitter, myspace, youtube, blog & official web-site. You can also sign sp on www.youngscolla.fanbridge.com for exclusives from the emcee.

Download “Prelude to perfection” (FOR FREE) here or via sharebee

I used 2 ♥ him

Common used to love H.E.R. & I used to love H.I.M. (Hip-hop Is My Muse) ... but true love never dies ... this is my L.O.V.E. S.T.O.R.Y.

Music

About Me

They call me Janus cuz I’m a little bit of every opposition. I’m quiet & loud, happy & sad, cocky and shy, rough & ladylike… but most of all I’m hip-hop. I started this blog to share my thoughts and ideas with the world, so feel free to leave your comments and to holla at me. Welcome to my world! Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/ms__lady