Thursday, December 10, 2009
     What comes to your mind when you think of a “rap/hip-hop love song”?… Now wait a minute! Before you start quoting all those cliché lines from mainstream rap songs, lemme remind you that all those songs have nothing to do w/ hip-hop and love. In my book, rap is an art form & hip-hop is essence/content. A form with no essence is empty and senseless. The same thing goes for all those so-called “love songs”. What's hip-hop? What's rap? This kind of music is about self-expression. And since every person is unique, every song is supposed to be a journey to another world…especially when it comes to love. Now think one more time… Oh, do you really think that everything has already been said and done? Well, then allow me to introduce a Phenomenal Hip-Hop Individual Living Through His Years aka P.H.I.L.T.H.Y.

P.H.I.L.T.H.Y.’s EP “Love Songs For Losers & Ballads For Ballers” is something everyone can relate to. He decided to talk about an eternal issue: love. And the EP shows his own approach to love…to the kind of love that is a lot more than just kisses, hugs & beautiful words. The emcee doesn’t try to preach…nah, it’s not P.H.I.L.T.H.Y.’s style. Young man talks about his own experience and it’s up to you if you wanna learn the lesson or not. This is one of those things that make him so original. He is known for practicing what he preaches. Talk is cheap, that's why P.H.I.L.T.H.Y. walks instead of talking. He's not afraid to be himself, even though he is not a typical rapper. P.H.I.L.T.H.Y. is original in every way. And “Love Songs For Losers & Ballads For Ballers” is just another proof. Just take a look at the concept of the EP: "What's love radio". Intros are presented as listeners’ calls on the radio-station. Every listener speaks on a love issue he’s dealing w/ and the next song is dedicated to that issue. The lyrical content reflects P.H.I.L.T.H.Y.’s deep inner world. When the majority of male rappers are on that “big pimpin’ thing”, he ain’t afraid to be a gentleman and to show the world his beliefs. This EP breaks all the myths you've heard about man’s love and shows that “love is what chu make it”

Download “Love Songs For Losers & Ballads For Ballers” (FOR FREE) here

Or Via rapidshare

For more P.H.I.L.T.H.Y. check out his Twitter, Myspace & Blog.

In other words, welcome to the world of a Phenomenal Hip-Hop Individual Living Through His Years! 

I used 2 ♥ him

Common used to love H.E.R. & I used to love H.I.M. (Hip-hop Is My Muse) ... but true love never dies ... this is my L.O.V.E. S.T.O.R.Y.

Music

About Me

They call me Janus cuz I’m a little bit of every opposition. I’m quiet & loud, happy & sad, cocky and shy, rough & ladylike… but most of all I’m hip-hop. I started this blog to share my thoughts and ideas with the world, so feel free to leave your comments and to holla at me. Welcome to my world! Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/ms__lady