Wednesday, October 28, 2009
       If u love horror, & everything that has to do w/ horror, u definitely need to grab yourself a copy of Young Fame's new mixtape this Halloween…but don’t be scared, cuz the only one who can fall victim to “Da Thriller” is music industry. U wonder why?...Well, simply cuz “Da Thriller” is so true & u know…truth hurts. This mixtape is everything u could expect from a hip-hop mixtape and even more. First off, it has a theme. It's not a bunch of tracks put in one pack & called “mixtape”. It's a piece of art w/ concept. And if u look closely, u can see that the concept/theme is of double nature: explicit & implicit. The explicit theme is “horror culture”, Halloween, or whatever u wanna call it. The implicit theme is the state of hip-hop culture. So taking into the consideration both concepts, it ain't hard to tell that the mixtape is kinda “audio movie”. It begins w/ an intro that sets the mood for the whole journey to the world of Young Fame. Each song/skit is entertaining, it tells a story, it keeps u in suspense. But the moment u think that the journey is over, cuz the outro is supposed to be the end, u realize that there's more…the bonus tracks give u an extra opportunity to recognize the future hip-hop legend. In my opinion, the strongest songs are “Welcome To My Nightmare”, “He's Still Alive”, “Phantasm”, “Delusional”, “Outta My Mind”, & “Bonus tracks”. But don’t get me wrong, the whole mixtape is a killer. Young Fame is a representative of East Coast Rap scene (Philly/New Jersey) & using metaphors is something he is supper good at. What I really love about metaphors in hip-hop is that they draw a general scheme & YOU choose what to see/hear: entertainment or depth of an artist. If u are into the depth, u have a unique opportunity to test your perception, cuz the more u listen to a song, the more hidden messages u can find there…it's up to your perception, mind, & imagination. And Famey has a lot to say. But what makes this mixtape even more special is production. The whole thing was written and produced by the one and only Lester “Young Fame” Bridges. Today's producers usually play w/ the same melody or trick and their music is so boring, but “Da Thriller” breaks all the “rules”. Its sound has expressive style u will never forget, but at the same time every joint has its own flavor. What more can I say? Feel free to get familiar w/ one of the hottest MCs: visit www.iamyfame.com to get to know Famey and to download the mixtape. Young Fame also has a myspace page. And of course, follow him on Twitter. Special shout out to the whole Wondamuzic fam!
To support “Da Thriller” means to support hip hop's future! Don't miss the opportunity!

I used 2 ♥ him

Common used to love H.E.R. & I used to love H.I.M. (Hip-hop Is My Muse) ... but true love never dies ... this is my L.O.V.E. S.T.O.R.Y.

Music

About Me

They call me Janus cuz I’m a little bit of every opposition. I’m quiet & loud, happy & sad, cocky and shy, rough & ladylike… but most of all I’m hip-hop. I started this blog to share my thoughts and ideas with the world, so feel free to leave your comments and to holla at me. Welcome to my world! Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/ms__lady