Monday, October 26, 2009



    Artists come and go everyday. Today this artist is super popular and tomorrow no one even remembers his name. They are like shooting stars:very “bright”, but short-lived. Anyway, some artists manage to stay forever, even after they pass away or retire. So I'm asking myself, “What qualities does one need to survive in this game and to stay forever? What makes one legendary?” 

Skills: Flow/Vocabulary. If u can't rap…freestyle to be more exact, u can't call yourself an emcee. These days a lot of “artists” use so called ghostwriters; I guess this is one of the reasons why we have so many wack rappers. Originally only a winner of rap battles could be am emcee. But in today’s industry u need marketable face, voice, and be ready to sell yourself, cuz ghostwrites and managers will do the rest for u…if they believe that it will bring them money. Flow is supposed to be unique, kinda emcee's DNA: word play, metaphors, pronunciation, speed, sick rhymes, anything that makes one outstanding. 

If one is good at rhyming/rapping it's good, but it's not enough. There must be a magnetic personality behind the flow. And when I'm saying “personality”, I'm not talking ‘bout a marketable character…I'm talking ‘bout a real person who ain't afraid to be himself and to speak his mind. A legend is characterized by honesty. He is a menace to society, cuz he spits nothing but reality. All he says is supposed to be truth. A legend keeps it really real 24/7. He tells real stories, and he doesn’t pretend to be something he's not. He has his own philosophy  and he lives according to it. He doesn’t betray this philosophy. He lives according to his code 'till his last breath. And this magnetic personality is colored by energy. It can be of two types: explosive or octane. Explosive energy attacks from the very beginning, from the moment artist is seen for the very first time. It's calling u, it's saying “I'm the sh*t. Try me and u’ll see what I be”. It's undeniable. It's an uncontrollable beast, no one can stop it. Octane energy is very quite. Probably u won't even notice it at first. But that's why it's so powerful. U don’t even see it & the next thing u know… u are caught up in it. It's kinda Trojan horse. 

So what makes one legendary? Well, it's a mixture of skills and personality that gives birth to a new unknown quality. And this X quality paves the way to the top. It's something that has never existed and will never be seen again. It's something that makes a legendary emcee the one. This is something that can't be faked. Hate it or love it…it will change the game forever. Ready or not… here it goes.

I used 2 ♥ him

Common used to love H.E.R. & I used to love H.I.M. (Hip-hop Is My Muse) ... but true love never dies ... this is my L.O.V.E. S.T.O.R.Y.

Music

About Me

They call me Janus cuz I’m a little bit of every opposition. I’m quiet & loud, happy & sad, cocky and shy, rough & ladylike… but most of all I’m hip-hop. I started this blog to share my thoughts and ideas with the world, so feel free to leave your comments and to holla at me. Welcome to my world! Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/ms__lady