Tuesday, November 9, 2010
Hip-Hop… it’s prolly one of the most controversial phenomena. People love it; people hate it. Everyone knows the word but still no one can say what exactly it is. There are lots of definitions & everyone goes with their own. Some say that Hip-Hop is a culture, a movement, a music style, an art form, a lifestyle but most of all Hip-Hop is a mindset… I would even say “a soul-set”… cuz Hip-Hop is not just a form but substance… Cupid’s arrow that shoots you right through your heart & leaves a mark that never goes away… Hip-Hop is everything & nothing; it’s everywhere & nowhere. And even tho’ there’s a common opinion that Hip-Hop is restricted to its four main elements: Emceeing, Break Dancing, Graffiti & DJing; this phenomenon is much bigger than just that. Hip-Hop is self-expression of an individual who reflects the whole world in a piece of art… it’s so common & so unique… so brand new & so familiar… so revolutionary & so classic. It’s a voice that says things others might be afraid to say… a rebel who breaks the rules to make a difference & change the world… voice that says “I am” but means “We are”. It’s a spirit that knows no boundaries… spirit that lives through prose & rhymes, melodies & beats, paintings, moves... It doesn’t matter what exactly you are doing or how you express yaself; as long as you do it in unison w/ the spirit of Hip-Hop you are Hip-Hop… 

Now lemme introduce to y’all a young princess of Hip-Hop canvas, up-and-coming artist, Vanessa Cabarloc. When the illest lyricists create metaphors w/ the help of words, this girl paints them saying things that can’t be put into words but nevertheless can’t remain unsaid. A lot of things can be said about Vanessa’s art but Imma let it speak for itself. Welcome to the world of Vanessa Cabarloc…  










Follow Vanessa Cabarloc on Twitter

I used 2 ♥ him

Common used to love H.E.R. & I used to love H.I.M. (Hip-hop Is My Muse) ... but true love never dies ... this is my L.O.V.E. S.T.O.R.Y.

Music

About Me

They call me Janus cuz I’m a little bit of every opposition. I’m quiet & loud, happy & sad, cocky and shy, rough & ladylike… but most of all I’m hip-hop. I started this blog to share my thoughts and ideas with the world, so feel free to leave your comments and to holla at me. Welcome to my world! Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/ms__lady