Sunday, March 14, 2010
          Hip-Hop culture has been hated on since the day one. Critics don't stop talking about its death & lack of potential. I must say that every time I turn on the radio I kinda feel like believing them… but when I come across true artist who make that really real music I can clearly see the future of Hip-Hop which is nothing but greatness. 

Haiti Da Poet is one of those artists who prove them haters wrong on a daily basis. Forget about any clichés when it comes to Haiti's music. This young up-and-coming singer/songwriter/emcee/producer from New Jerz is a real trendsetter in his own right. Having blended Hip-Hop, R’n’B & Reggaeton, he came up w/ a brand new sound that doesn't leave anyone cold. His lyrical game ain't no joke too. Haiti  doesn’t waste his verses & brings to the table nothing but realness. Without a doubt, Haiti Da Poet is the artist to look out for cuz a talent like his will definitely bring him to the top of the game. 

Currently Haiti is working on his new EP "Songs of Freedom" which is gonna be out in spring 2010. And I had an opportunity to ask him a few questions ‘bout it…

Q: So you are a singer/songwriter/emcee/producer. Let's imagine that you had to pick only one occupation, which one would it be?

Haiti Da Poet: If I had to pick one thing to be my main occupation it would have to be song writing. I've been writing since I was 8 and in my mind my creativity at first ear shot is 30 years older then I am now.

Q: How would you describe your music??

Haiti Da Poet: I'd describe my music as the part of yourself that your missing. Once you find it you never want to lose it again. It'll be like losing the ability to breath. 

Q: What motivates you to write & record the music you make?

Haiti Da Poet: What motivates me to write and record music is my love for life. I see my music has the ability to motivate and uplift people, and when you have the power to change the world all you need is life to motivate you. 

Q: What can we expect from your new EP "Songs of Freedom"? What is its concept?

Haiti Da Poet: What can be expected from "Songs of Freedom" is a positive uplifting vibe. I feel like people need that now and days. The concept arose from the late and great Bob Marley's "Redemption Song" I heard it and it had such an impact on my state of mind that it inspired me to create "Songs of Freedom".

Q: Who are the artists & producers you work w/ on this EP?

Haiti Da Poet: I've worked with a few producers on this project including myself, I've worked with Young Fame, Jimmy Newtrone, and Elz. As far as artist I have collaborations with Verb Spielberg, Apollo The Great, Fasha El Probo, Greeph, and many more.

Q: What are your future plans & other up coming projects?

Haiti Da Poet: My future plans are to push not only myself but my fan base to a new height and to continue doing lots of shows and making many public appearances. I'm also in development of a new project titled "The Myth Behind The Music" that will show case the harder yet still highly lyrical side of Haiti Da Poet.


Under Dogg

Super Hero

I'm About My Business

For more Haiti Da Poet check out Twitter, Myspace & his website 

To be continued.... 

I used 2 ♥ him

Common used to love H.E.R. & I used to love H.I.M. (Hip-hop Is My Muse) ... but true love never dies ... this is my L.O.V.E. S.T.O.R.Y.

Music

About Me

They call me Janus cuz I’m a little bit of every opposition. I’m quiet & loud, happy & sad, cocky and shy, rough & ladylike… but most of all I’m hip-hop. I started this blog to share my thoughts and ideas with the world, so feel free to leave your comments and to holla at me. Welcome to my world! Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/ms__lady